Porsche Dual-Clutch "PDK"
What is a PDK Transmission?
Since 2009 Porsche has outfitted a number of their models with a dual-clutch transmission known as the Porsche Doppel Kupplungs, more commonly known as PDK. The PDK transmission offers a quicker and more direct gear change than you could have in a traditional automatic or manual transmission. This is thanks to the addition of a second clutch that handles the engagement of half of the transmission’s gear set. This new design allows for the next gear to be ready for use anytime at the press of a paddle and engage seamlessly.
The main advantage of this style transmission is on the track where gearshifts are done in the blink of an eye with little to no drop in power between gears.
What Porsche models come with a PDK transmission?
- (2009 - 2012 ) 997 Porsche 911 Carrera, 911s, Targa, Targa 4, Targa 4s, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S
- (2012 - 2019) 991 Porsche 911 Carrera, 911s, Targa, TargaS, Targa 4, Targa 4s, GTS, GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS
- (2019 - Present) 992 Porsche 911 Carrera, 911s, Targa, TargaS, Targa 4, Targa 4s, GTS, GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS
- (2009 - 2012) 987 Porsche Boxtser/Cayman, S,
- (2012-2016) 981 Porsche Cayman/Boxster, S, GTS
- (2016 - Present) 982 Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman, S, GTS
- (2010 - 2016) 970 Porsche Panamera, S, 4, 4S, GTS, Turbo, TurboS, E-Hybrid
- (2017 - Present) Porsche Panamera, 4, 4S, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S
When do I need to do a Porsche PDK transmission service?
At Eurofed Automotive we recommend having a Porsche dual-clutch transmission service performed on a 40,000 mile service interval on a PDK equipped Porsche.
The PDK transmission service includes our dealer certified mechanic changing the Dual clutch transmission fluid and filter. During the service our Porsche technician will perform a courtesy multipoint inspection on the entirety of the vehicle to ensure it is up to date on all of its factory scheduled service and other preventative maintenance..
Where can I have a shop perform a PDK service near me?
You can have an PDK service performed by a dealer-certified technician at any of our 13 Eurofed locations backed by a 2 year/ 24,000 mile warranty.
The PDK transmission service by Eurofed automotive is a form of routine maintenance for your PDK equipped Porsche.
Contact your local Eurofed to learn more about our preventative and affordable services